Subject: Re: -current build status
To: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?S=F8ren_Worach?= <wsoren@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/2005 03:31:57
On Friday 21 January 2005 21:12, Havard Eidnes wrote:

> Hmm...  In my case it does:
>
> #    create  libgroff/cmap.d
> CC=/usr/tools/bin/i386--netbsdelf-gcc /usr/tools/bin/nbmkdep -f cmap.d --
> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/users/he/src/gnu/dist/groff/src/include
> -I/usr/users/he/src/gnu/usr.bin/groff/src/include  -nostdinc++ -isystem-cxx
>  /usr/dest/i386/usr/include/g++     -nostdinc -isystem
> /usr/dest/i386/usr/include
> /usr/users/he/src/gnu/dist/groff/src/libs/libgroff/cmap.cpp
>
> and succeeds.  Note that a couple of things are missing in your command
> line: -DHAVE_CONFIG_H and an -I specification of the place where cmap.h
> version 1.1.1.1 is to be found.  Hmm, you have not by any chance a direct
> assignment to CFLAGS in your /etc/mk.conf?  You need to do CFLAGS+=
> instead, CFLAGS is being added to in src/gnu/usr.bin/groff/Makefile.inc.

i was suspecting about that, thanks! :)

i'm a bit confused about the way of handling compiler flags in mk.conf,
CFLAGS seems a bit wrong to assign, for example
sys/arch/i386/stand/Makefile.booters try to reset user assigned
COPTS,CPUFLAGS and CPPFLAGS but does nothing about CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS
and in my case fails at the end of compilation when checking the binary size
of boot_xx.
Looking at bsd.sys.mk clarifies a bit showing an finer-grained way
of handling compiler flags in netbsd.

would be better to split my CFLAGS between CPUFLAGS+= and COPTS+=
and let bsd.sys.mk and Makefile's handle them for that kind of case ?

we have any doc's on this subject ?

Cheers

-SW.