Subject: Re: anoncvs server is back on line
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/2005 15:25:35
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> We are pleased to announce that the anonymous cvs service is
> working again.

Thanks!

For people who use rsync to mirror the repository:  Note that, by
default, rsync assumes that "same size" and "same timestamp" implies
"same contents".  So, once you have a corrupted copy of a file, rsync
will not update it to the correct uncorrupted version unless the size
or timestamp changes.  You can use the "-I"/"--ignore-times" and/or the
"-c"/"--checksum" options to tell rsync to be more thorough.  I don't
know what combination of options ("-I", "-c", or "-I -c") will impose
the lowest load on the server, but I think that any such combination
will work.

--apb (Alan Barrett)