Subject: Re: System freeze
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/13/2005 16:26:47
On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 08:41:25AM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> On Jan 13,  9:11am, jmmv@menta.net ("Julio M. Merino Vidal") wrote:
> -- Subject: Re: System freeze
>
> | Well, vr seems to be kind of unstable.  I've seen multiple panics in
> | xhalf() at bootup (during dhclient) since I have this card (more than
> | a year), but it hadn't caused any more issues up until now :(  Dunno
> | if this has something to do with my recent upgrade from 2.99.10 to
> | 2.99.12.
> |

> >From the messages it appears that something is leaking memory. You might
> want to check the code to make sure that it does not leak.

It happened another time...  and this is the fourth one, and not the last
I'd say.  Anyway, this time I've seen that all programs running under X got
stalled in mclpl status.  However, I can still work in the console without
problems.

Ah, and this time I could reboot the system properly.  I'm starting to hate
the long fsck times...

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>