Subject: Re: System freeze
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu@rinta-aho.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/13/2005 16:02:29
Christos Zoulas wrote:

> | Jan 13 00:27:09 dawn /netbsd: vr0: unable to allocate Tx cluster
> |
> | Well, vr seems to be kind of unstable.  I've seen multiple panics in
> | xhalf() at bootup (during dhclient) since I have this card (more than
> | a year), but it hadn't caused any more issues up until now :(  Dunno
> | if this has something to do with my recent upgrade from 2.99.10 to
> | 2.99.12.
>
>>From the messages it appears that something is leaking memory. You might
> want to check the code to make sure that it does not leak.

Somewhat related to this discussion:

yesterday I ran nessus against my firewall (twin-vr, netbsd-current
and pf), and nessus reported that it had detected the "Etherleak"
vulnerability, where ethernet frames are padded with data from some
other data packets. I checked the vr driver, but it seemed like the
padding for the ethernet frame is set to zero, and there should
be no problem. I didn't yet have time to investigate whether the
problem is really in the vr driver or in nessus. Just wanted
to mention this as it might be related to the other problems.

Teemu

--
teemu@rinta-aho.org       ||  teemu.rinta-aho@iki.fi
http://www.rinta-aho.org  ||  http://www.iki.fi/teemu.rinta-aho