Subject: Re: HEADS UP: XFree86 3.3.6 has been EOLed
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/2005 15:02:55
[ On Saturday, January 8, 2005 at 10:01:15 (+0000), Matthias Scheler wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: HEADS UP: XFree86 3.3.6 has been EOLed
>
> On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 01:01:16AM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > What about the inevitable future release of 1.6.3 (or even the ongoing
> > support of 1.6.2_STABLE)?
>
> It is not affected because "xsrc" has been branched for NetBSD 1.6.x
> before the 1.6.2 release.

As I said, there are changes on the HEAD-as-of-yesterday that are HIGHLY
desirable to have on the netbsd-1-6 branch but which are not yet there.

It would be "A Very Good And Desirable Thing(tm)" to merge the entire
HEAD-as-of-yesterday to the netbsd-1-6 branch.

Indeed I was _very_ surprised that the xsrc module was not re-branched
entirely for the 1.6.2 release (or that the entire HEAD was not merged
to the branch, whichever).  There's really no point to wasting time
doing individual pullups in what's essentially one big application
that's supposed to be backwards compatible to all existing _STABLE
branches anyway.  There's a tiny bit of effort necessary to re-jiggle
the distrib/sets/lists/x*/* files, but that's quite easy to do.

--
						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098  W:+1 416 489-5852 x122  VE3TCP  RoboHack <woods@robohack.ca>