Subject: Centrino Wi/Fi current status
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org, port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@engine.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/2005 13:48:45
Greetings:

My subnotetop drive is getting media errors so I have to take it apart to
install a new one.  Since my laptop will be open, I was also considering
replacing my power hungry Atheros mini-pci Wi/Fi (802.11abg) card with
the original Centrino Wi/Fi (802.11b) card that uses less than half the
power.  But before I take it apart, I wish to know:

1) What is current status of the Centrino Wi/Fi driver on NetBSD?
2) Can it handle 128bit WEP?
3) Is anything still broken/unstable with this driver?

Taking apart a very small subnotebook is very risky, so I would rather
make sure the Wi/Fi works before hand and not have to take it apart
again.  Especially since I am going overseas tomorrow night for a min.
6 week long business trip and need my laptop.

Alicia.