Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 & wireless pcmcia update
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Christian Goetz <cgoetz@pandora.be>
List: current-users
Date: 01/06/2005 19:58:15
--------------030601040103030307010306

The kernel I have recompiled is GENERIC withMP support not ACPIC !
If  enabling ACPIC instead of MP, I get an AML breakpoint when booting
up but hitting 'continue' will bring NetBSD 2.0 up and let me access the
wireless card as well.

My current build is 2.0 GENERIC.MP without power management (APM | ACPIC).

-- cgoetz

Matthias Scheler a écrit:

>In article <41DC4276.9060204@pandora.be>,
>	Christian Goetz <cgoetz@pandora.be> writes:
>

>>I recompiled GENERIC with MP support ...
>>

>With full MP support or with MPACPI support? The later is probably enough
>and won't slow down your system.
>

>>I will test power managements (apm | acpi) when I get time ... Right now
>>it is disabled !
>>

>1.) NetBSD doesn't support power management.
>2.) The kernel will prefer ACPI over APM. So if you want to use APM you'll
>    have to remove ACPI support from the kernel.
>
>	Kind regards

--------------030601040103030307010306

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
The kernel I have recompiled is GENERIC withMP support not ACPIC !<br>
If &nbsp;enabling ACPIC instead of MP, I get an AML breakpoint when booting up
but hitting 'continue' will bring NetBSD 2.0 up and let me access the wireless
card as well.<br>
My current build is 2.0 GENERIC.MP without power management (APM | ACPIC).<br>
-- cgoetz<br>
Matthias Scheler a &eacute;crit:<br>
  <pre wrap="">In article <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:41DC4276.9060204@pandora.be">&lt;41DC4276.9060204@pandora.be&gt;</a>,
    <pre wrap="">I recompiled GENERIC with MP support ...
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
With full MP support or with MPACPI support? The later is probably enough
and won't slow down your system.

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I will test power managements (apm | acpi) when I get time ... Right now
it is disabled !
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->