Subject: Re: anoncvs server available
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/06/2005 19:09:21
On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 18:22:44 +0100 (CET)
Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> >
> >> Can you easily change which cvs server you check out from, without doing a
> >> complete new checkout?
> >
> > Use the cvs -d option, like:
>
> Ah. Stupid me. So -d overrides the CVS/Root content?

Quoting cvs.info, "Specifying a repository" section:

	   A repository specified with `-d' will override the `$CVSROOT'
	environment variable.  Once you've checked a working copy out from the
	repository, it will remember where its repository is (the information
	is recorded in the `CVS/Root' file in the working copy).

	   The `-d' option and the `CVS/Root' file both override the `$CVSROOT'
	environment variable.  If `-d' option differs from `CVS/Root', the
	former is used.  Of course, for proper operation they should be two
	ways of referring to the same repository.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/