Subject: Re: Strange xterm behavior in gnome
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/2005 12:30:49
Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 11:25:24 -0800
> walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com> wrote:
>

>>bash2 installed from the port.  (I just recompiled bash2 and it made no
>>difference.)
>

> Try to switch your user to /bin/ksh, exit gnome, close your session
> and reopen everything again.  Let me know what happens.

Aha!  The plot thickens...

Now when I start xterm from the run dialog everything works normally.
The xterm responds to signal 15 and to 'exit' or CTRL-D.

BUT!

When I create a custom icon for xterm on the gnome panel and start
the xterm by clicking on it -- the same old problem occurs, even with
ksh instead of bash.

So -- what is the difference between using the run dialog and a
custom icon to start a process?  And what is the difference between
ksh and bash?  I hope you know the answers ;o)