Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 & wireless pcmcia ...
To: Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek <hramrach@centrum.cz>
From: Christian Goetz <cgoetz@pandora.be>
List: current-users
Date: 01/04/2005 20:46:29
--------------040900050504040805060905

Thanks for your reply ... I do agree with the described issue (IRQs..)
Now, enabling ACPIC  I get a AML break point when booting but after
saying 'continue', I'm able to bring up wi0 correctly.
Does any one know how to fix the AML break point or how to use a larger
IRQ mask than 0xffff ?

cgoetz

Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek a écrit:

>On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 06:09:29PM +0100, Christian Goetz wrote:
>

>>Some updates ...
>>
>>I have re-installed NetBSD 2.0 from scratch and have figured out that
>>doing the install with the hardware (pcmcia) plugged in, my hardware
>>conflicts seems to be gone. But I'm still looking to get my network up
>>at this time:
>>
>>I tried dynamic ip:
>>
>>dhclient wi0 / no reply / no activity on pcmcia card
>>
>>I tried static ip
>>
>>ifconfig wi0 inet 192.168.123.123 netmask 255.255.255.0    (my pcmcia card)
>>route add default 192.168.123.254 (my ap / gateway)
>>ping  192.168.123.254 / no rely / no activity
>>
>>Does any one have a suggestion ?
>>

>Did it work with earlier NetBSD?
>What card is it?
>
>I am using a XI-626 with 1.6.1 through 1.6CZ, 2.0beta to current and it
>works flawlessly afaict, with dhcp and all.
>
>So for me it works, lately there has been added support for the card
>even to Linux :)
>
>I had similar problem when my pcmcia/isa bridge would not get enough
>irqs to allocate for the devices, the card would send packets (probably)
>but would not receive any because the irq saying a packet has come would
>never be triggered I guess. But I do not remember for sure it was NetBSD
>and not Linux that showed this problem.
>
>Regards
>
>Michal Suchanek

--------------040900050504040805060905

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Thanks for your reply ... I do agree with the described issue (IRQs..)<br>
Now, enabling ACPIC &nbsp;I get a AML break point when booting but after saying
'continue', I'm able to bring up wi0 correctly.<br>
Does any one know how to fix the AML break point or how to use a larger IRQ
mask than 0xffff ?<br>
cgoetz<br>
Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek a &eacute;crit:<br>
 cite="mid20050103130407.GS16485@uvt316-2.ruk.cuni.cz">
I have re-installed NetBSD 2.0 from scratch and have figured out that
doing the install with the hardware (pcmcia) plugged in, my hardware
conflicts seems to be gone. But I'm still looking to get my network up
at this time:

I tried dynamic ip:

dhclient wi0 / no reply / no activity on pcmcia card

I tried static ip

ifconfig wi0 inet 192.168.123.123 netmask 255.255.255.0    (my pcmcia card)
route add default 192.168.123.254 (my ap / gateway)
ping  192.168.123.254 / no rely / no activity

Does any one have a suggestion ?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->