Subject: Re: Can't mount an UMASS device
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20041213T203429@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/13/2004 20:45:58
>    Thanks everyone, I'm silly, I didnt check with disklabel, it was
> sd1e.

Actually, this brings up a point that has been a minor problem for a
while.  I now have CF cards, a camera and an MP3 player that all show
up as an msdos disk (as umassX/sdXX/msdos) under the various BSD's.
The problem is that there is no coordination as to which partition the
msdos formatted filesystem shows up in.  It is somewhat sad that the
impediment to portability is in the BSD camp this time.

-wolfgang
	     firefox - 10 million downloads in one month
		explorer - when free isn't good enough