Subject: Re: getting x11
To: James Chacon <jmc@NetBSD.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/13/2004 14:47:23
[Thus spake James Chacon ("JC: ") 3:17pm...]

JC: > I'm perfectly content to leave the base placement of stuff alone -- i.e.
JC: > I don't want everything in /bin, or /usr/lib -> /libraries or any other
JC: > such silliness.  Deciding where I was going to put X, however, was
JC: > always a stickingpoint.
JC:
JC: Then build from xsrc directly and customize to your hearts content.

...of course, pointing one to X11ROOT in the *.mk files would have been
the polite thing to do instead of pretending such a parameter didn't
exist.

"You don't need to know about that detail.  We take care of everything
for you.  Just Press Play."

				--*greywolf;
--
"We've taken care of everything/The words you read and the songs you sing/
The pictures that give pleasure to your eye..."