Subject: Re: building a -current/xen kernel fails
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: James Chacon <jmc@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/08/2004 11:28:46
On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 07:44:57AM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 09:42:15AM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> >
> > After creating a Xen toolchain with "build.sh -m xen -a i386 tools",
> > I'm trying to build a kernel (nbconfig, nbmake-xen), but get:
>
> This is not right.  There is no such thing as a "Xen toolchain".  A
> Xen toolchain is just an i386 toolchain; a NetBSD/xen kernel should
> be configured and built with the standard i386 tools.
>
> There seems to have been some merge mistake that has caused NetBSD/xen
> kernels to not build in -current at the moment.  But I assure you they
> do in fact build (and work) on the 2.0 branch.

I've diffed the xen tree against what's on the branch and there's little
difference. It appears to be something along the lines of "some sys/*.h header
used to include XXX and doesn't anymore and xen was implicitly depending
on it". I tried tracking it down one night but couldn't figure out where it
was losing. I may try again later this week.

James