Subject: Re: Specifying program to be run, in rc.conf
To: NetBSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: current-users
Date: 11/30/2004 23:31:36
On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 21:15:53 +0100, Barry Bouwsma wrote:

> Is there any way to easily specify a particular program to be run,
> overriding the default, in rc.conf?
[...]
> Please let me know if I'm overlooking something obvious, or
> if there's a better way to do this...

$ man rc.conf
[...]
     rc.d(8) scripts that use load_rc_config from rc.subr(8) also support
     sourcing an optional end-user provided per-script override file
     /etc/rc.conf.d/service, (where service is the contents of the name vari-
     able in the rc.d(8) script).  This may contain variable overrides,
     including allowing the end-user to override various run_rc_command
     rc.d(8) control variables, and thus changing the operation of the script
     without requiring editing of the script.

SY, Uwe