Subject: Re: reasons for kern/18880 still being open?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@crlf.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/28/2004 23:26:52
On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, Robert Lillack wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as an owner of a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz soundcard
> I'm very interested in a commit of the patch provided
> by kern/18880 (and hopefully even a pullup to 2.0).
>
> Since this is such a small patch, I wonder why this
> pr has been open for like 2 years. Are there any issues
> known? Can somebody please look into this?

The most likely cause is that Turtle Beach sound cards are a bit rare.

If a developer doesn't have access to the hardware with which to test
the patch, they're unlikely to claim it.

If you followup to the PR (see detailed instructions here:
http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/send-pr.html#appending ) and you can confirm
that this fixes a problem, and doesn't create any obvious new ones, it's
more likely that someone scanning the database will close the PR by
applying the patch.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> From a real request to a
helpdesk "Can you please open the following ports in the firewall: 1024-90000"