Subject: some small hardware questions...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Swift Griggs <swift.griggs@oracle.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/20/2004 07:43:51
 	Anyone out there got some practical experience using a USB wi-fi
stick? Are there any that support USB 2.0 and 802.11a or 802.11g ? Also,
is booting netbsd off a USB stick just a matter of putting a the
bootloader or GRUB on there and setting it up with a normal FFS
filesystem? Any support for so-called USB 'webcams' in netbsd? I know the
old quickcams work with parallel ports. However, are there any that work
on USB and have some supporting tools which work with netbsd (ie.. at
least enough to grab a frame)? In my defense I did browse around in
sys/dev/usb/usbdevs but I know that just because the USB ID is there
doesn't mean there is any real support for it. I'm just looking for
anecdotal "yeah this device works for me" kind of things. It's Christmas
time, and I need a list to give out ya'know?

Thanks,
   Swift
| Swift Griggs <swift.griggs@oracle.com>        |
| Unix Systems Administrator                    |
| Desk - (719) 757-2887                         |
| Cell - (719) 499-2794                         |
| Home - (719) 593-1305                         |
| AIM ID: "swiftgriggs"                         |
| Some will rise by sin and some by virtue fall |