Subject: Re: isp driver issues
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andreas Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/13/2004 11:52:10
--Apple-Mail-7--349037532

On 12-Nov-04, at 10:21 PM, Andreas Wrede wrote:
[SNIP]
> On both isp(4) controllers however, no devices are found during
> probing, even though the XServe RAID box is attached, up and running.
> Once the boot completes, 'scsictl /dev/scsibus[12] scan any any' will
> find the devices without a problem.

> So I build a kernel with 'options     SCSI_DELAY=10', as delaying the
> probe appeared to work.
> I found that the scsi probes proceed with virtually no delay, looks
> like the 10 second delay is either being ignored or I misunderstand
> something:

The above problem only occurs with a MP kernel - a uniprocessor kernel
probes the isp(4) attached devices properly.

Unfortunatly, both kernels produce a fatal page fault in supervisor
mode panic during high volume I/O
to and from the XServe RAID arrays. See kern/28291.
--
	aew

--Apple-Mail-7--349037532
	name=PGP.sig