Subject: Re: isp driver issues
To: Thomas T. Thai <tom@minnesota.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/12/2004 13:50:12
[ On Friday, November 12, 2004 at 00:46:07 (-0600), Thomas T. Thai wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: isp driver issues
>
> Andreas Wrede wrote:
> >
> > If I detach both fibre channels, tha machine boots fine:
> > I then can connect the XServe RAID controllers and run
> >
> > # scsictl /dev/scsibus0 scan any any
> > sd2 and sd3 now work as expected - disklabel, newfs, mount and
> > read/write without further error messages from the controller.
>
> The above procedure was confirmed on my system as well.

Just for the record nothing like that was necessary on the Alpha.  Once
the OHCI driver was removed from the kernel, and provided the CDROM and
floppy are not accessed and/or the PCIIDE driver is also removed, then
it "Just Works" (and it works very well performance wise! ;-)

Note also that as far as I could tell there was no actual interrupt
conflict or even any sharing on the alpha -- and as I may have mentioned
there have been other complaints about the OHCI driver not catching the
interrupts it should be catching on other alphas though I don't know
whether or not those others also use any ISP devices (the same ISP
driver is also commonly used on alphas for the Qlogic SCSI cards that
DEC re-branded).

--
						Greg A. Woods