To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/09/2004 16:54:03
I think that netbsd-help, rather than netbsd-users, would be a better
place.  (As long as we are redirecting people.)

netbsd-help is for people who need or want help with some aspect of NetBSD.

netbsd-users sort of became a general chatter list.

current-users, where this thread occurs, is just for specifically the
"-current" NetBSD code base (anything relatively fresh but *not* an
official release).

Regarding the particular question: I've tended to upgrade by
burning a bootable CD for myself, as Julio helpfully suggests.
Then I backup the current system and reinstall from scratch.
This is relatively simple, especially if there is a trusted
ISO image ready-to-burn with all of the install sets.

There are other ways to go about it.