Subject: Re: World build failure in netbsd-2-0 and current
To: None <setagllib@optusnet.com.au>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/03/2004 16:40:07
> > try to omit -pipe... ;)
>
> Really? How curious... trying. That would be weird though, it's
> not meant to have a negative effect on systems that do piping
> properly (if NetBSD didn't this would have come up already :P),
> and to stop lex from doing its thing?

I agree, this suggestion looks a weird, as it is not going to
change the external behaviour of gcc/g++ itself, and in
particular would not influence the order in which make issues
commands.

My bet is still on that you have once tried to do a build in a
tree without having objdirs / obj symlinks, which will leave
generated files in the wrong places even after objdirs / obj
symlinks are created, and make misunderstands these as "being
present" when they are actually (now) in the wrong directory.
Hence my suggestion earlier to go back to square zero, and start
with a guaranteed pristine source tree.

Regards,

- H=E5vard