Subject: Re: unofficial poll about new logo
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: current-users
Date: 11/01/2004 14:16:45
On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Herb Peyerl wrote:

> On Nov 1, 2004, at 5:59 AM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>
>> Huh? Do you mean that NetBSD suddenly weren't allowed to use the demon, and
>> that McKusick threatened to sue NetBSD???
>>
>> Please back that claim, or skip spreading bs.
>>
> Certain parties are trying to keep the world confused about the difference
> between copyright and trademark...  The FreeBSD page does nothing to dispell
> this confusion.

Apart from the fact that the FreeBSD page talks about "The BSD Daemon",
and not "The FreeBSD Daemon". But it only says that the Daemon is (c) by
McKusick. Nothing about trademarks.

But I don't think I've ever seen any TM claims for the Daemon, except
perheps the claims around here that the Daemon should some kind of TM for
FreeBSD.

I'll guess I'll have to stick with 4.3 on my VAXen, and 2.11 on my
PDP-11s. That way I can atleast be sure that the Daemon were referring to
my systems. :-)

 	Johnny