Subject: Re: unofficial poll about new logo
To: Chris Pinnock <cjep@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <erplefoo@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/01/2004 07:07:55
On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:44:50 +0000, Chris Pinnock <cjep@netbsd.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 10:37:52AM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:

> > >The daemon might offend some Christians - it doesn't offend all. I believe
> > >that the reason for removing it is that ist is associated more with
> > >FreeBSD (but I could be wrong).
> >
> > That might be true.
> > Should we drop the "BSD" moniker from NetBSD as well? After all, people
> > might think NetBSD is somehow FreeBSD from that too.
>
> No - that would be wrong. :)
>
> After all the software is derived from BSD.

And the Daemon is no more FreeBSD than it was NetBSD, or even than it
was OpenBSD before they went to their blowfish logo, which I hate, but
I'm sorry to say is quite a lot better than our new "Orange Flag"
logo.
The Daemon was BSD. Plain and simple. People who thought it was only
FreeBSD weren't the type of people who'd notice NetBSD in the first
place anyhow.

--
Sean