Subject: Re: unofficial poll about new logo
To: d.zanon@infinito.it <d.zanon@infinito.it>
From: Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek <hramrach@centrum.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 11/01/2004 09:41:24
On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 08:30:56PM +0000, d.zanon@infinito.it wrote:
> On Sunday 31 October 2004 18:31, you wrote:
> > Sean Davis wrote:
> > >
> > > Because the daemon (not demon) apparently offends christians, according
> >
> > I think that should be "may offend some christians". Or, even,
> > "may offend some people".
>
> Right. If we don't want to offend anyone, we have to use a beautiful white
> circle on a white background. I am Christian, but daemons don't offend me.
> And if they would offend me, I wouldn't do anything. I think the daemon
> was very nice and represented BSD well. The new logo, sorry, doesn't seem
> to mean anything...
> I'd like back the old daemons!

yes, me too.

Maybe the logo looks quite old by now, but if somebody would paint the
old daemons with the new modern look of the new logo it would be
perfect.

oh, well, logos usually change to the worse. Eventually everything will
have a new modern non-offensive meaningless orange logo.

Or maybe I am too conservative..

Have a nice day :)

Michal Suchanek