Subject: dump(8) behaviour
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/2004 18:16:47
  Regarding the problem that dump seems to be going into some
kind of endless loop, never finishing the dump, when run from
amanda, I discovered that this only happens, when I tell amanda
to compress the dump before writing it to tape.

  When I set the one large partition that causes the problem
to "compress none", it works perfectly. So it seems this is some
interaction between amanda, dump and gzip.

  Could the people who also see that problem try to not compress
the dump and see whether that makes any difference?

  Regards,

	mjl