Subject: Re: sip(4) problems
To: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
From: George Abdelmalik <gabdelmalik@avdat.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 10/28/2004 18:10:35
Martti Kuparinen wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I was trying to install NetBSD on my neighbor's desktop PC. This is from
> the NetBSD/i386 2.99.10 installation kernel (INSTALL):
>
> sip0 at pci0 dev 3 function 0: SiS 900 10/100 Ethernet, rev 0x90
> sip0: unable to map device registers
>
> Any ideas what's wrong?
>
> Martti

You need to comiplea kernel with the PCI bios fixup options included.
I'm using a sip(4) device also and the relavent section of my kernel
config file looks like follows.

[ in file /src/sys/arch/i386/conf/GENERIC at about line 354]

# Configure PCI using BIOS information
options         PCIBIOS  # PCI BIOS support
options         PCIBIOSVERBOSE          # PCI BIOS verbose info
options         PCIBIOS_ADDR_FIXUP      # fixup PCI I/O addresses
options         PCIBIOS_BUS_FIXUP       # fixup PCI bus numbering
options         PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP      # fixup PCI interrupt routing
#options        PCIBIOS_IRQS_HINT=0x0a00 # PCI interrupts hint. IRQ 9 or 11
#options        PCIBIOS_INTR_GUESS      # see pcibios(4)
#options        PCIINTR_DEBUG           # super-verbose PCI interrupt fixup

--
george.