Subject: Re: NFS problem
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/25/2004 16:52:02
Rick Kelly said:

>>Server:
>>NetBSD roothog.rmkhome.com 2.99.9 NetBSD 2.99.9 (ROOTHOG) #1: Sat Oct 23 19:03:22 MDT 2004  rmk@roothog.rmkhome.com:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/ROOTHOG i386
>>Client:
>>
>>NetBSD rodent 2.0_RC4 NetBSD 2.0_RC4 (RODENT) #0: Sat Oct 23 01:44:08 MDT 2004  rmk@rodent:/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/RODENT sparc

I changed /etc/fstab on the sun4m machine to:

roothog:/u2/netbsd_2.0 /usr/src nfs rw,-r=1024,-w=1024

That seems to do the trick. The SS5 is grinding away at:

sh ./build.sh -O /usr/src/obj build

Where /usr/src/obj is on the NFS server.

The first thing I had to do was give up using vr0 on the -current box and
switch to a 3COM 3C905 that I had lying around.

Initially, this was motivated by the fact that some Quantum 2.1 and 3.0
gig SCSI drives don't like tagged queueing. Unfortunately, I have a few of
these drives, which will be relegated to use on sun4c and sun3 boxes.

The failure mode can look like either a bad drive or bad memory.
--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com