Subject: Re: syspkg dependencies
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/2004 23:01:06
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Alan Barrett wrote:
> I could almost trivially make my modified version of
> distrib/sets/regpkg add "@exec mkdir" commands to the syspkgs, but
> I have not done so.

OK, I did that, and it works much better (though I still think it's
a bug that pkg_add doesn't just DTRT with directories).  Excluding
comments, the first few lines of the +CONTENTS file in my base-sys-root
syspkg now say this:

@name base-sys-root-2.99.9.0.20041005
@cwd /
@exec mkdir %D ; chown root:wheel %D ; chmod 0755 %D
@exec mkdir %D/altroot ; chown root:wheel %D/altroot ; chmod 0755 %D/altroot
@exec mkdir %D/bin ; chown root:wheel %D/bin ; chmod 0755 %D/bin
@exec mkdir %D/dev ; chown root:wheel %D/dev ; chmod 0755 %D/dev

while the last few lines say:

@dirrm dev
@dirrm bin
@dirrm altroot
@dirrm .

When I install it in an empty directory using commands like this:

	DESTDIR=/tmp/destdir
	mkdir ${DESTDIR}
	PKG_DBDIR=${DESTDIR}/var/db/syspkg pkg_add -p ${DESTDIR} ${RELEASEDIR}/i386/binary/syspkgs/base-sys-root-*.tgz

it creates all the directories with the correct modes.

Should I update PR 22514 with my latest patches?

--apb (Alan Barrett)