Subject: Re: Cannot boot NetBSD-2.0_RC1
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Sigmund Skjelnes <skjelnes@robin.no>
List: current-users
Date: 10/07/2004 20:32:49
Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

>I've had some installation problems on various releases with the
>2nd-stage boot not being right.  Try booting a CD or boot floppy and
>see if you can manually ask for hd0a:netbsd -- if that works, retry
>installboot.
>
>		--Steve Bellovin, http://www.research.att.com/~smb

Thanks for the tip, the hdd bootes ok with a little help from the boot
disk in the very start. I'd have came that far that something make my
new hard drive unable to boot from. The bootloader is good, cause a
friend of mine have made an successful installation with the use of a cd
burned with the same image file. The hard drive is made active, I'd
checked with mbrlabel.

However mbrlabel also told me "boot selector disabled" ( or something
like that ), do somebody know what that means?

Cincerely,
Sigmund