Subject: Re: dump(8) behaviour
To: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/07/2004 18:18:31
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:

> Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE> writes:
>
> > Yep. I used to see this pretty often in amanda backup logs on 1.6.x
> > and 1.6A..Z. It has become less frequent with 2.0, but still occurs
> > occasionally.
>
> That's my experience, too.  Furthermore, it never happens on small
> file systems; the chance of dump hanging increases with fs size.

I've used amanda for years (since 1.5 days) on filesystems where 25GB
is dumped to a DTL4000, and never had a problem with it.

Out of curiosity, are other people running it from the command line or
cron?  I think I recall Luke Mewburn saying he ran amanda from cron.  I
always run it from the command line myself...

Simon.
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/