Subject: Re: System lockups under 2.99.9
To: None <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Timo_Sch=F6ler?= <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/06/2004 21:16:21

>     Matthias> 	Hello,
>     Matthias> for the second time in the last 24 hours my NetBSD-i386=20=

> 2.99.9 system
>     Matthias> locked up while running a kernel built from yesterday's=20=

> respectively
>     Matthias> today's NetBSD-current sources. I can still ping the=20
> system and it
>     Matthias> is accepting TCP connection but there is no response.=20
> The XFree86
>     Matthias> instance on the console is also dead (but the problem is=20=

> not
>     Matthias> related to XFree86 because it happened without, too).=20
> I've tried
>     Matthias> to get into the kernel debugger but doesn't seem to =
work.

>     Matthias> Has anybody else seen this problem?
>
> Me! I've just rebuild a -current kernel of todays sources and had 3
> sudden hang ups within the last 3 hours... (no input reaction on
> keyboard/mouse; didn't check the network part).
>
> My kernel of two days ago sources didn't show this symtom...

hi,

i'm running a Power Mac G4 with 2.99.9 (cvs checkout from yesterday=20
morning), did a full update rebuild of my package'ed apps that were=20
formerly installed on it, and am now x-building for amiga.

so it has a solid (high) load for the last eight hours and runs like a=20=

charm (and, yes, i'm running X ;)

--=20
mit vorz=FCglichster Hochachtung/best regards,

Timo Sch=F6ler
//macfinity -- finest IT services | Triftstrasse 39 | 13353 Berlin |=20
Germany
Fon ++49 30 25 20 30 20 | Fax ++49 30 25 20 30 19
PGP data http://www.macfinity.net/~tis/contact/PGPPKB_timo.schoeler.txt=