Subject: Re: 1.6ZG -> 2.0_RC1: Where are my screens? (fwd)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Florian Stoehr <netbsd@wolfnode.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/06/2004 11:11:39
(sorry, this went to the wrong list)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 11:10:31 +0200 (CEST)
From: Florian Stoehr <netbsd@wolfnode.de>
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
Cc: netbsd-users@netbsd.org
Subject: Re: 1.6ZG -> 2.0_RC1: Where are my screens?

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:39:32 +0200 (CEST)
> Florian Stoehr <netbsd@wolfnode.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> after an upgrade from 1.6ZG to 2.0_RC1, terminal switching
>> <CTRL>+<ALT>+<Fx> doesn't work anymore.
>>
>> I found in /etc/ttys, all except console were "off". I changed this to
>> "on" again, but ... still no screens.
>
> Try to enable them in /etc/wscons.conf.  It looks like you extracted etc.tgz
> during the update, which overrode your modified files.
>
> --
> Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
> http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/
> The NetBSD Project - http://www.NetBSD.org/

No, unfortunately not. In wscons.conf:

#screen 0       -       vt100
screen  1       -       vt100
screen  2       -       vt100
screen  3       -       vt100
screen  4       -       -

exactly as on my other boxes running 1.6/1.6.2.

Just one other thing to mention: The ONLY machine where I have this problem is
the compiling machine.

I made a 2.0_RC1 ISO image from my self-compiled binaries and installed a
laptop with this (clean install, no update) and all screens work.

Florian