Subject: com(4) and speeds >115200
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 09/30/2004 12:33:24
--Kra4tWuoVJHqwr45

I was playing with a CDMA modem PCMCIA care we have for testing.  It
probes as a completely standard com port, 16550a with fifo. =20
FWIW, CIS probe says <CMOTECH, 5100P, 01, >

I can open the com port with cu, and the card seems to come to life,
but I get garbage that looks like a baud mismatch.

The windows driver reports connections at 230400 bps.  Perhaps the
card's pseudo-com port only works at this rate, but I can't get com(4)
to go there.

I dimly remember some discussion in the distant past about people
playing with rate multipliers for higher speeds, but can't see
anything obvious in com.c to suggest how this might be accessible.

I'll build a kernel with COM_HAYESP in case it's emulating one of
those; any other suggestions?

--
Dan.

--Kra4tWuoVJHqwr45