Subject: Re: device wi on Jornada 720 results in panic
To: Charles M. Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/28/2004 12:07:58
"Charles M. Hannum" <abuse@spamalicious.com> writes:

> On Tuesday 28 September 2004 14:58, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> > "Charles M. Hannum" <abuse@spamalicious.com> writes:
> > > I'm not sure offhand, but "Reset vector called" sounds like what I'd
> > > expect to see on some machines due to a jump to a null pointer.  Possibly
> > > an unimplemented function or a buffer overrun?
> >
> > The sacpcic PCMCIA front-end doesn't have a socket_enable function in
> > sa11x0_pcmcia_functions, so it's lost since that was added.
>
> Ah, well.  Someone who has one should probably fix that.  :-)

Oops, I meant socket_settype(). A no-op function seems to make it work
for the system I can test, though that's only with a CF slot. The
SA11xx "controller" seems to have its only behavioral differences with
respect to IO vs. memory devices controlled by accessing the different
memory blocks that each is mapped into.

The it8368.c driver and mmeyepcmcia.c (has anyone seen an mmeye
lately?) drivers are also missing a settype() function.

        - Nathan