Subject: Re: custom kernel doesn't build on macppc (long)
To: None <d.zanon@infinito.it>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/12/2004 18:29:18
> I am trying to build a slightly modified kernel on my -current
> PowerBook G4 to enable some features.
> [...]
> Building always fails:
>
> #      link  MYKERNEL/netbsd
> /usr/src/obj/tooldir.NetBSD-2.0_BETA-powerpc/bin/powerpc--netbsd-ld -=
N -Ttext 0x100000 -e __start -S -o netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} ${EXTRA_OBJ} ve=
rs.o

> *** Failed target:  netbsd
> *** Failed command: echo '# ' " link MYKERNEL/netbsd"; echo [...]

I would have expected an error message from ld in there between
the "link MYKERNEL/netbsd" line and the "Failed target:" line.
Are you certain you redirected stderr as well as stdout to the
build log (if you did any redirection, that is...)?

Without the error message giving details about what exactly went
wrong during linking, it's hard to suggest a fix.

Regards,

- H=E5vard