Subject: Re: Subversion Mirror?
To: Jean-Luc Wasmer <jl+netbsd@lists.wasmer.ca>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/10/2004 11:50:20
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Jean-Luc Wasmer wrote:

> May I inquire when the import was made (which SVN version)?

There's not really all that much need to discuss this here: if you want
to prove that it works (or, more likely, prove to yourself that it
doesn't) you can grab a copy of the NetBSD CVS repository via cvsup or
whatever and import it into subversion yourself.

Now, I personally know a NetBSD developer who, at his work, moved a
reasonably large system into subversion already, so I suspect we're not
lacking expertise here. And it's certainly the case that a lot of NetBSD
developers rather dislike CVS, especially those who are CVS gurus. (You
don't want to know what you have to do to become one of those.)

So if we're not moving to subversion, there's probably a good reason for
it, likely along the lines of, "we're desperate, but that that desperate."

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org
     Make up enjoying your city life...produced by BIC CAMERA