Subject: Re: checking out a different branch in /src
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/01/2004 11:53:08
In article <4134E3A9.1090305@berklee.edu>,
	Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu> writes:
> Is it ok to "downgrade" from -current (2.0G) to the netbsd-2-0 branch?

It might cause serious problems because programs might use new features
like the statvfs(2) system call which are not available under 2.0. You
will have at least to recompile every binary build after you've upgraded
the system to NetBSD 2.0D or newer.

> How can I remove "future" parts of the distribution on an installed
> machine?

There is no way to do that automatically except reinstalling your system.

> If I use the netbsd-2-0 branch, will this branch contain security
> patches after the 2.0 release becomes official?

Yes.

> i.e. - does this become the 2-0-STABLE branch?

Yes.

> Is the netbsd-2-0 branch the same as running 2.0_BETA?

Yes.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/