Subject: Re: 2.0 install thing with mail
To: NetBSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Aidan Kehoe <kehoea@parhasard.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/19/2004 15:29:58
 Ar an t-ochtú lá déag de mí Lúnasa, scríobh Peter Eisch:

 > <rant>
 > My point being simple:  this is not a good way to greet a new user to a
 > fresh install.  Turn off sendmail by default and if they want to do mail,
 > let them turn it on.  This freaks me out even when I know the PROBLEM is
 > there.
 > </rant>

Yes, it's a bad thing on a general level. On an individual level, C-c while
sendmail is trying to work out where it is will make the boot happen faster.

--
Like the early Christians, Marx expected the millennium very soon; like
their successors, his have been disappointed--once more, the world has shown