Subject: dhclient iface - frobbs other interfaces too
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/17/2004 23:52:03
dhclient(8) implies that by specifying an interface it will only frob
that one - but it always frobbs them all - hosing your existing net
connections while trying to debug dhclient...

doc or sw bug?

FWIW I'm trying to work out why wm0 simply cannot get a lease from
dhcpd on this net - even manually ifconfig'ing wm0 does not work!
Unless I boot a kernel that has an older version of if_wm.c (1.70 -
but all other src -current).

On the net at work though - I think it is getting a lease - using the
current version of if_wm.c (1.75), though dhclient logs that it could
not find a working lease... despite the fact that it appears to get
wm0 going quite quickly.

Clues welcome.

--sjg