Subject: Re: windowmaker -> ${PREFIX}? Why?
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/12/2004 13:25:19
Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com> writes:

> Thus spake cube@cubidou.net ("> ") sometime Today...
>
> > On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 09:30:30AM -0700, Greywolf wrote:
> > [...]
> > > I have just been compiling some stuff (i.e. windowmaker) which is pretty
> > > much X-specific.
> > >
> > > Why in heaven's name is it going to ${PREFIX} instead of ${X11PREFIX}?
> >
> > Because everything goes in ${LOCALBASE}, and even more now (i.e., since
> > March) that xpkgwedge is the default.
>
> Is there a way to UN-default this with a switch or something?

Your question has been answered, but why do you want to do that? Is it
really your belief that it is useful to segregate X-using programs
away from non-X using ones? The existing segregation is based on where
the programs came from (xsrc tree vs. elsewhere), which seems like a
much more useful distinction to make - especially when, say, you need
to upgrade X.

        - Nathan