Subject: Re: HEADS-UP: linux emulation fixes
To: Marc Recht <recht@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/08/2004 22:08:40
Marc Recht wrote:
> I've just tried a -current kernel and 2.0_beta userland and still getting
> problems with the sun-jdk14:
>
> An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
> Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x481280C9
> Function=(null)+0x481280C9
> Library=/lib/libc.so.6

> I also noticed problems with the Mulberry email client which just crashes
> without any usefull information. Both work fine with the 7.3 packages
> (before and after the changes).

Okay, there was fatal bug in the change (testing against wrong value).
Please try again with rev. 1.72 of
src/sys/compat/linux/common/linux_exec.c

After this fix, both linux mozilla and Apache Ant for me, so I guess
sun-jdk14 should be fine now. To be honest, I'm not quite sure
why the intermediate version worked for my initial mozilla test ..

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-