Subject: 2.0 install thing with mail
To: NetBSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/05/2004 12:42:02
Fresh install from a 2.0 build as of 1 Aug 2004.

No ethernet configuration as part of the install loads just fine, but then
we get to sendmail pausing the initial boot for a minute while it searches
to qualify localhost.  Then I get the advisement to fix $j.

If the goal is to impress the new user, this would be a bad way to greet
them.

Of course, I'll just jump in and edit rc.conf  with sendmail=NO so it
doesn't bother me other than I don't get my login: prompt right away.

My $0.02.

peter

[I stopped following the email thread at some point, not wanting to rehash
that, but if there's a screen in sysinst that asked if I wanted an MTA I
could have said no.]