Subject: Userland Installation
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Bolgheroni <dbolgheroni@unifei.edu.br>
List: current-users
Date: 08/02/2004 11:16:02
Hi,

I'm trying to install a new userland I built from source, but I have
some questions. This is what I've done:

# ./build.sh -D /usr/netbsd distribution
# ./build.sh -u tools kernel=GOLLUM

(Rebooted, now with the kernel generated with GOLLUM configuration
file.)

# ./build.sh -D /usr/netbsd -U install=/

Is this the correct way to install the userland? I'm not sure. For
example, I get "NetBSD 1.6.1" at the end of a "man ls". Also, I can't
run "etcupdate -s /usr/pkgsrc-20040729/etc" (my SRCDIR) because of an
old "make", as I saw as an answer for the question made 2004/07/29 by
Chris Scott. How do I know the new userland was installed correct?

Thank you.