Subject: Re: mozilla won't accept text input
To: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/31/2004 11:47:00
Eric Schnoebelen wrote:

> Simon Gerraty writes:
> - On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:01:11 -0500, Peter Seebach writes:
> - >In Simon Gerraty writes:
> - >>I've got mozilla-1.6nb1 on 2.0G, and it works fine - expect that none
> - >>of the dialogue boxes accept any input.
> - >
> - >If you're using twm or certain other window managers, yes, it's a famous
> - >bug from Mozilla trying to outsmart the window manager's focus... Been there
> - >forever.
> -
> - bingo!  Yes, I'm using twm - haven't gotten around to installing
> - anything else.
>
> 	Turn on DecorateTransients, and Mozilla and friends will
> behave better..

I'm using ctwm and have DecorateTransients on already and still see this
problem.  I also have NoTitle too, so I'm not entirely sure why I have
DecorateTransients, but this ctwmrc has grown over about 10 years...

What effect does turning that on have with plain twm?

Simon.
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/