Subject: Re: mozilla won't accept text input
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/28/2004 19:54:34
Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 12:42:02PM +1000, Simon Burge:
> My local home page has a google search box on it.  If it type ^T (new
> tab), click on the home page button and click in the text box I can't
> type in the text box.  If I select new tab from the file menu, click on
> the home page button and click in the text box I can type in the text
> box.  In the first case, clicking on another existing tab then back to
> the new tab "fixes" the problem.  I also just checked, and if I have
> focus in a text box on an existing tab and make a new tab with ^T, any
> new text input doesn't appear in the old tab's text box either.

hrm, maybe a queue filling somewhere; lots of events at once (I saw a
comment is some wscons code ~= "if the queue fills, you're SOL").  anyway,
I have F3 & 4 bound to lower & raise.  I had seen it often when cycling
through a stack of windows or a quick drag of the mouse across a bunch
of windows from one display to the other.

IIRC, its happened to an xterm once, moving from mozilla windows to the
xterm.  If my recollection is correct, then its probably not a gtk (or
similar) bug.