Subject: Re: matlab stopped working between 1.6ZH and 2.0C
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: current-users
Date: 07/21/2004 16:03:55
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:58, Jan Schaumann wrote:

> I can confirm that matlab stopped working.  We used to run 1.6ZK, but
> ever since going to 2.0_BETA, matlab no longer works in full desktop
> mode.  However, it does not seem to be java related.  I can run 'matlab
> -nodesktop', which still uses the JVM, but doesn't call the desktop, and
> I also run other java apps (such as eclipse).

It was just an assumption on my part that the GUI was java based and certainly
we don't have problems with other java apps.

> When I tried to run the latest version of matlab (6.5.R14), it doesn't
> even start in 'nojvm' mode and fails instead with the following error:
>
> /usr/local/matlab.new/bin/glnx86/MATLAB: /lib/libc.so.6: version
> `GCC_3.0' not found (required by
> /usr/local/matlab.new/bin/glnx86/../../sys/os/glnx86/libXm.so.2)

Yeah same thing happens here.  I've just recently grabbed the suse91 packages
to see if they make a difference but since netscape7 crashes with them I'm
not to hopeful.

> This, uhm, sucks.

Yes - we have many unhappy matlab users here.

cheers
mark