Subject: Re: firewire fw* and SCSI devices in current HOWTO?
To: None <ggm@apnic.net>
From: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara@kk.iij4u.or.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 07/21/2004 04:55:14
hi !

From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:59:01 +1000

> I have added my firewire controller and now detect a scsibus0 instance but
> I don't appear to attach devices. I tried the USB trick of having the device
> attached across hard reboot, no avail.

The present ieee1394 is not very well. I have the CD-ROM drive which
carries out unusual recognition. This is recognized as sdX of 435G. The
maintenance also seems not to perform it.

I want to use firewire (4) of FreeBSD. It seems that it came to work by
i386. It seems that it works also by macppc. However, in alpha & cobalt,
it has checked falling. Please use, if it avoids.

However, it is under test...
I want a report.

  http://www.kk.iij4u.or.jp/~kiyohara/firewire/

     firewire.diff		: It is the correction to -current (5/30)
     firewire_freebsd.tar.gz	: FreeBSD firewire(4) etc.
     firewire_netbsd.0719.diff  : firewire (4) etc. -- it is correction

edit your GENERIC. (/sys/arch/{i386, or other}/conf/GENERIC)
---
fwohci* at pci? dev ? function ?       # IEEE1394 Open Host Controller

# IEEE1394 nodes
firewire* at fwohci? idhi ? idlo ?
sbp*    at firewire?
scsibus* at sbp?
fwe*    at firewire?                    # IP over 1394

--
kiyohara