Subject: tracking current - source
To: NetBSD current list <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/15/2004 19:12:03
In the next section, at the specific request of a longstanding list
member (Perry Metzger), my PR diffs had a paragraph that was removed:

+<li>
+Fix permissions<br>
+    If you wish for the source tree to be maintained by a non-root user
+    that is a member of the (traditional) wsrc group,
+    do (as root):<br>
+</ol>

I thought we were encouraging folks to use a non-root user to do
updates and builds.  Nowhere else in the documentation is this
explained, and forgetting this will lead to lots of grief (that we've
seen on this list).  This is the best spot for this reminder!

Moreover, because they dropped that final </ol>, all the following
paragraphs and entire sections ("Building a release from source",
"Updating an existing system", etc.) are improperly indented.
[See http://netbsd.org/Documentation/current/#downloading]

I kinda wish that folks would actually test things before committing.
(heavy sigh)
--
William Allen Simpson