Subject: Re: softdep-related panic two days in a row, 2.0_BETA/i386
To: Pavel Cahyna <pavel.cahyna@st.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@redcrowgroup.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/13/2004 12:27:23
On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 09:22:54PM +0200, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:08:21 +0000, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
>
> > ... if anyone had any suggestions about particulars to includes, or any
> > suggestions of stuff to look at while the machine is sitting at
> > the db{0}> prompt, because I've been 100% unsuccessful at getting a
> > crash dump out of this machine because it hangs when I try.  :(
>
> Have you tried 'reboot 0x104'? This will bypass syncing the filesystem,
> which probably causes the hang, as the panic happens in the filesystem
> code.

I usually do 'reboot 0x04' on this system for this very reason, but
that's why I don't get a crash dump. :-(  I don't
see from the ddb manpage what the 0x100 does... care to explain?  I'm
loathe to experiment too much, because if this system hangs I have to
drive for an hour to reset it.  :/

Thanks,
+j
--