Subject: Re: over-aggressive 'preferencing' of AAAA rec over A?
To: None <itojun@itojun.org>
From: Atsushi Onoe <onoe@sm.sony.co.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 06/25/2004 23:48:07
> > I don't want to disable IPv6. But I do need some finer grained method to control
> > in user-space if A preferences AAAA or vice-versa.

> 	are you using BIND 9.2.x?  BIND 9.2 series makes A6 queries in addition

I think it is not a DNS problem, but the target machine with AAAA on
6bone sometimes provides much poor performance than non-tunneled IPv4.
I guess configurable policy table implementation described in RFC 3484
(Default Address Selection) would solve the problem.  In other words,
you'll want to port ip6addrctl(8) and related stuffs from KAME.

Regards,

Atsushi Onoe