Subject: Data corruption on 1.6ZK
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/2004 09:45:11
I realize this is probably not 'current' any more but I thought I'd
mention it in case someone else is seeing this...

I have an IBM Thinkpad T-21 running 1.6ZK.  I was in a coffee shop
working on some code with 'vi', on battery power with apmd running.  No
network or anything else.

After about an hour of editing, I discovered that the files I had
modified and written to disk were corrupted.  There were random
characters appended to each line of the first 1-2K of each file.  One
file, an include file, contained about 1K of code from another file, a
.c file.

It turned out to be somewhat sub-optimal but I was able to recover by
doing a visual 'diff'.

Anyone else seen that? Or is this an old and well-known issue and I
just missed it?